- 1 wedge LVO Manchego cheese (½ pound/225 grams)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (70 grams)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (150 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup oil for frying
- I used fine breadcrumbs. You can use any dry breadcrumbs you like.
- When using a skillet/frying pan, you will only need about ½ cup to ¾ cups of oil for frying. You can also use a deep fryer and it should only take a minute or so.
- Cut off the hard rind and slice the cheese into about 15 thin-ish triangles (a little less than ¼ inch/about 0.5 centimeter each).
- Get 3 bowls. Put flour in one. In the second one, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. In the last bowl, mix breadcrumbs with paprika, oregano and black pepper (you can use a Ziploc bag for the breadcrumb mixture as well).
- Coat each manchego slice in flour, then dip into the egg mixture, coat in breadcrumbs, and again dip into the egg mixture and coat in breadcrumbs. Make sure the whole cheese is coated well. If not, it will ooze out during frying!
- Place them onto a tray and put in the freezer for 30 minutes (or longer).
- Heat the oil and fry them until golden brown (you might need less time so keep an eye on them).
- Best enjoyed warm.