INGREDIENTS FOR A 9 IN MOLD
- Powdered sugar 1.1 cups (140 g)
- Wheat flour 3 cups (350 g)
- Egg yolks 2
- Butter 1 cup (220 g) – cold from fridge
- Lemon peel 1
FOR THE FILLING
- LVO’s whey ricotta 1.1 lbs (500 g)
- Sugar 1 cup (175 g)
- Egg yolks 2
- Dark chocolate chips ¼ cup (40 g)
- Orange peel 1
- Cinnamon powder 1 pinch
- Put the flour into a mixer together with the cold butter cut into small pieces and beat on low for a few moments.
- Pour the grainy mixture onto the worktop and add the powdered sugar. In the middle make a crater with your hands and pour the egg yolks into it. Grate the lemon peel.
- Knead until obtaining a smooth and homogeneous dough which you can wrap and allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least half an hour .
4. Meanwhile, make the cream. In a mixer pour the egg yolks together with the sugar and grate the orange peel, then add the cinnamon powder and the ricotta.
5. Take the shortcrust dough and remove the wrap, beat it with a rolling pin to soften it a little bit, then divide it into two parts, one double the size of the other, and start rolling the larger one between two sheets of baking paper.
6. Use your fingers to carefully arrange it so that the dough fits the baking pan. Level the edges on the top with the rolling pin.
7. In the middle pour the ricotta cream and carefully level it with a spatula.
8. Then sprinkle the surface with chocolate chips and finally roll out the second layer of shortcrust pastry.
9. Level the tart by rolling with the rolling pin.
10. To finish, pierce the surface with a knife blade, and bake in a preheated oven, in static mode at 340° F (175° C) for 70 minutes: make sure to cook it on the lower rack. Once baked, take out the ricotta cheese crostata tart and let it cool completely before enjoying it.