Guacamole, Quinoa Salad and Smoked Chicken Fajitas
Recipe provided by: Mary Hellman
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 2 minutes
Quinoa Salad with Feta Crumbles
Use Feta cheese to enhance the flavors of this summer salad.
- Cook quinoa and let cool down
- Add diced red pepper and yellow peppers
- Add black beans
- Toss with a splash of olive oil, lemon juice and dash of salt.
- Top with finely chopped green onion and feta crumbles
(you can also add other fresh herbs like mint or cilantro from your garden)
Guacamole with Feta Crumbles
Use Feta cheese to enhance the flavor of your guacamole.
- Dice ripe avocado and smash with a fork in bowl
- Add diced tomatoes and finely chopped green onion
- Add cumin, dash of sea salt and lemon juice (to taste)
- Top with finely chopped fresh cilantro and crumbled feta cheese
Smoked Pulled Chicken Fajitas with Red Pepper Flakes Sheep Spread
Use red pepper spreadable cheese to liven up your fajitas.
- Marinate thinly sliced peppers (red, yellow and or green) and white onion with olive oil, cumin and dash of sea salt (20 minutes at room temperature)
- Saute peppers and onions after marinated in pan at high heat until slightly tender.
- Lower heat and add L&S Smoked Pulled Chicken and black beans turning as cooking for 5 minutes
- Add cooked brown rice for final 2 minutes
- Serve on grilled flour or corn tortilla (you can grill on a gas burner stovetop flame) and spread with red pepper spreadable cheese. Fill tortilla with pepper, black bean, onion, rice and smoked chicken fajita filling. Serve warm