Grilled Lamb Chops with Warm Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad
Recipe provided by: Simply Beef & Lamb
Servings: 2 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
Do try these lamb chops grilled and topped with a spiced butter made with paprika, ground coriander and fresh herbs. Serve with a delicious but trendy cauliflower and quinoa salad.
- 4-6 lean lamb chops or French trimmed cutlets
- For the Spiced Butter:
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Small handful freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or mint
- For the Salad:
- 175g cauliflower, cut into small florets or pieces
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- 100g quinoa, rinsed in cold water
- 600ml good, hot vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or mint
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
To prepare the spiced butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together. Form the butter into a sausage shape, wrap in cling film or foil and set aside in a cool place.
Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7. Put the cauliflower, the lemon zest and oil in large non-stick roasting tray, season, toss gently and roast for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Cook the quinoa in the stock for 12-15 minutes. Drain in a sieve and set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, place the chops on a chopping board and season with salt and pepper. Cook under a preheated moderate grill for 12-16 minutes, turning once.
Transfer the chops to a warm plate and top with a disc of the flavoured butter.
Put the roasted cauliflower in a bowl with the quinoa, add the remaining salad ingredients, toss gently and serve with the chops.